Thursday, November 6, 2008

Joining the unemployed...

Wow, it has been a while since I last posted! So much has been going on and truthfully I didn't feel like talking about it. My husband was laid off about a month ago. He is in the construction/automotive manufacturing industry and we have been through a lot in the last year and a half. After being unemployed for 10 months he took a position as U.S. President for a company based in Europe, it lasted for about 5 months and then they had to shut down due to the economy. I can't believe that we are going through this again. It is so stressful, you never know if today will be the day that he gets a call for his next opportunity. Every time the phone rings I jump out of my skin. And when something comes along and does not work out it is devastating. He has had a VP and Presidents title for the last 4 years so if he applies for something that would just 'pay the bills' he hears that he is "over qualified". How frustrating!

Also, our youngest is scheduled for surgery on the first of December. She is 4 months and will have an operation to fix a problem with her left kidney. She should be in the hospital for about 2 or 3 days and hopefully this procedure with fix her as good as new. Needless to say, I am thinking about it constantly and praying for her all the time. I will be glad when this year is behind us. Hopefully 2009 will be full of healthy children and a great job for my husband!

No comments: