Monday, November 17, 2008

I must be crazy...


Well, I am sitting here questioning my sanity this morning. Yesterday we got a DOG. For people who don't know me, this is a BIG deal. Being such a clean fanatic, me and the word dog rarely go in the same sentence together, let alone the same house. But...she is an exception. First, most important to me, she DOES NOT shed. That was my biggest issue with our last dog. He was a shepherd and I just about lost my mind trying to keep the hair under control. Next, she is the breed that I grew up with so I am very used to having a dog like her around. She's a wire haired miniature dachshund, roughly four months old. My parents got her when she was four weeks but since they have another dachshund they decided to give her to one of the kids and we lucked out. Everyone here loves her...including me. I think that she is a keeper. She's great with the baby so far too. All in all, I don't think that we could have done better. The hubby really likes her too and he is a real dog person. Now if I can just get my three year old son to quit bossing her around...

No comments: