Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Homemade Glass Cleaner

My sister-in-law gave me this recipe and I tried it several weeks ago. I will never use anything else again! It does not streak at all and I use it to clean mirrors, sinks and even my floors. It is a lot less expensive than store bought cleaners and just as effective! Let me know if you try it and if it works for you too!

Approx. 1 gallon of water
2 cups rubbing alcohol
4 tablespoons ammonia
1 tablespoon dish soap

Add the 2 cups of rubbing alcohol to a clean, empty gallon jug. Then add enough water to almost fill the jug, leaving enough room for the ammonia and dish soap. Add ammonia and dish soap. Make sure the lid is securely on the jug before you gently shake to mix. Make sure to write "glass cleaner" with a sharpie on the jug just to be safe. I keep this in spray bottles in my kitchen and under every bathroom sink in my house. You can add food coloring in you want, I don't.

Update: 07/18/2009 I get so many views each day of this post! Please leave me a comment and let me know if you tried this and if you liked it. Thanks!

No comments: